Second Assessment - Wednesday 18 March 2020
Third and Final Assessment - Wednesday 08 July 2020
These dates apply to NQTs on full time contracts. NQTs on part time contracts will have their induction period extended on a pro rata basis. The school will be given the assessment dates by the Swiss Cottage Appropriate Body (AB) based on the information provided on registration.
- NQTs should be observed teaching by their induction tutor, or by another member of the school staff at least once every half term,
- NQTs are formally assessed at the end of each term,
- Where an NQT leaves during the term, an interim assessment should be completed.
- Primary Exemplar
- Secondary Exemplar
- First, Second and Interim Assessment Template
- Final Assessment Template
The Teachers' Standards set a clear baseline of expectations for the professional practice and conduct of teachers, from the point of qualification. They are used to assess all trainees working towards QTS, and all those completing their statutory induction period. They are also used to assess the performance of all teachers subject to the Education (School Teachers’ Appraisal) (England) Regulations 2012.
The NQT Monitoring Pack includes a range of templates to assist with observation and review for NQTs during the induction year.
The NQT Resources Guide provides further resources to support mentors.