Wednesday 20 January 2021 -
14:00 - 17:30
(This event has sessions that are still to run see below)
Parliament Hill School, Highgate Road, London, NW5 1RL
Who is this event for
Primary, secondary and special school teachers and pastoral leaders who are in their first middle leadership post or those who wish to consolidate and strengthen their leadership skills.
What does this event cover
Session 1: What makes an outstanding middle leader?
- Exploring models of leadership
- When to lead and when to manage
- Juggling the leadership balls
- Common pitfalls and how to avoid them!
Session 2: High performing teams
- The role of the middle leader in driving school improvement
- Styles of leadership to get the most out of your team
- Monitoring and evaluating your team’s performance
- Turning your team around – the journey
Session 3: Holding others to account and having those courageous conversations
- Exploring the moral purpose of holding your team to account
- Watch a courageous conversation live and practice using typical scenarios
- Create a blueprint for excellence in this area
Session 4: Managing upwards and tackling those tricky issues
- The importance of managing upwards and strategies for achieving this successfully
- Useful techniques for managing change and dealing with problems arising
- What are the ingredients of great professional development?
Session 5: What are the behaviours and characteristics of a great team?
- Transforming a group into a team
- Building trust
- Effective delegation
- Investing time wisely to raise achievement
Session 6: Planning Professional Development for your team
- Book group exploring the middle leaders’ role in excellent schools
- Looking forward for you and your team
|There are 6 sessions between Wednesday 20 January 2021 and Thursday 17 June 2021|